First day of JK!
Friday was Benjoe's first day of JK. When we woke up that morning, and told him he was going to school he let out a great big "YES!" still lying down in his bed! This was the first time getting Benjoe ready so early so we hit a few bumps as we tried to lay out a routine for the morning, but we managed to make it out the door and make it to the school pretty early. Once we got to the school, I was a little nervous wondering whether I'd get a little choked up and if my son was ready to start this new adventure. But as soon as I let Benjoe out of his car seat, he was already saying bye to me and his dad! I had to let him know that we were going to wait with him in the yard while we waited for the bell to ring. We waited for a couple of minutes before his teacher came out to the yard to meet him. As he introduced himself to his teacher (we had to clarify with her that he will still answer to Benjamin even though he introduced himself as Benjoe) he was glad to go with her as she showed him where to put his bag to line up. He played by himself running around the yard as we waited for the bell to ring. Once the bell did finally ring, there were a couple of tears from some of the other kids as they lined up to go inside. As I tried to see if I can get his attention to say bye while the other kids were looking back at their moms and dads, my lil guy didn't even look back and was the first one to march inside the classroom! My nervousness was obviously an overreaction as I realized that the separation anxiety was more on my part than on his! When I took him out for lunch after picking him up, he was so excited to tell me about his morning. (they read a story about 2 raccoons, he liked playing with the animal puppets in the classroom, his teacher has a kitchen with pretend food...) I'm so proud of Benjoe that he had such a great first day. All weekend long he's been asking to go back to school, so I know he will do just as well when he starts the full day tomorrow.


2 Comments:
So proud of you Benjoe! And even more proud of you, Mom!
By
melandnorm, At
September 14, 2009 at 7:42 AM
Awwww I'm all teary for you! What a big boy! you did a great job Mom
By
trAe, At
September 14, 2009 at 11:58 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home