Home Sweet Home
It's been about a month and half since we've settled into life up north, and it's still hard to believe that we are officially homeowners. We all have our routines down pack... I know exactly what time to leave the house to make my Go train, (5:37am, as I do more of a waddle than a walk to the station) Benjoe knows the exact route to take to go to Grandpa's house, (he'll yell at you when he knows you've taken the wrong turn) Euge knows which streets will take him from Stouffville into Scarborough the fastest (factoring in lights and speed limits) and Hannah hasn't skipped a beat when getting ready in the morning. (Only difference is that she doesn't have time to watch TV while waiting to be dropped off at school) The kids (especially Hannah) love that we are in our place. Eugene will always get a call from Hannah on his days off asking when he's going to pick her up, if she doesn't have to hang out at grandpa's, she won't want to. She makes her bed everyday in anticipation of her weekly allowance, it goes along with her other chores she's assigned like helping her brother brush his teeth and clearing off the kitchen table. Benjoe has been quite good at sleeping in his own room with the occasional night he'll crawl into our bed. Right now I don't mind it too much, being pregnant has made me a little attached to the little guy and sort of misses him bunking with us like before. The first few weeks we were here, I really took pride in our home, always tidying and making sure the house was clean. It has gotten a little difficult lately with the size of my growing belly, it will take me at least 45 mins to do the dishes now as I need a 5 min break after every 3 dishes. (It's not easy hunching over the sink with this belly!) I've been lucky enough over the past couple of weekends that my mother and my mother in law came over for a visit and ended up helping me with some household chores. Our home doesn't really have a "sense of style" as it is more functional for us than anything. As we're on new development, we can't wait for the builders to put in the grass, we're so tired of hopping around the mud on rainy days. I'm also sure it would be nice for Euge to bbq in the backyard than in the garage. We know we may be a little far for people to come for a visit, but we do love our home and excited for our first "party" coming up in a couple of weeks.


1 Comments:
I totally remember the pregnant-dishwashing hunch pain! So happy for you guys - can't wait to head up north;) and see the new house!
By
Lei's Kitchen, At
May 5, 2009 at 11:27 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home