Life up North

July 11, 2009

One month old!

It was one month ago today that our Evangelina "Eva" Joy was born. The past few weeks have been pretty tiring but we finally made it to the one month mark. We all thought that she would come early but of course with my luck, she was a week late. She didn't even want to meet her cousins and auntie before they left for California! :-( Eva had a bad case of jaundice the first week and had to be re-admitted into the hospital for phototherapy to get rid of the bilirubin. In fact she still has a bit of bilirubin in her system as you can still see a bit of yellow in her face. (photo above) But she's doing great now, weighing in at 9lbs 6oz at her last appointment, waking up regularly and even taking some formula from a bottle every now and then.

The kids love their little sister! Hannah has been a great helper , getting stuff around the house for me as well as feeding her brother lunch while Eva and I nap. Benjoe gets a little giggle with her, always wanting to hold her, more so than his older sister! It has been challenging with three kids... Eva's "awake/cranky/needy time" is during the late morning/early afternoon, so I'm usually in my room trying to pacify or feed her. That usually leaves the other two kids downstairs to entertain themselves... by the time I get downstairs to check on them, the living room will be turned upside down... I've found gum on the floor a few times (thanks auntie and ninang sugar!) and the other day Benjoe almost started a fire placing paper on the hot lamp! (Thank God I finally bought that fire extinguisher for the house just last week!)I didn't even know about it, I just woke up from a nap with Eva and smelled the rements of the smoke! I still don't know what Hannah did to stop him! Thank God for Grandpy who still doesn't mind picking up the little guy at least twice a week to get them out of the house every now and then.
Now that she is officially at the one month mark, we are now going to attempt our first road trip/mini family vacation with the baby to Niagara Falls. It will be our first time to Great Wolf Lodge so the kids (especially Hannah) are looking forward to it. If all goes well, we'll do another road trip somewhere a couple of weeks later during the August long weekend. I'm sure that since we made it through the one month mark, we'll be able to make it through a mini trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home