Life up North

April 20, 2008

No strike

Ok, so even though I have used the TTC maybe once in the past 3 three weeks, I have to say I'm glad that there's no strike. With the warm weather I've been walking from Union Station and work, morning and afternoon. As I've been making the walk my daily exercise routine, I have to say that I know how to work Yonge St! (ok, that didn't quite come out the right way but let me explain! :-P) I've managed to figure out the art of weaving in and out of pedestrian traffic along Yonge. I know that I can still cross the street if there's 7 seconds left of the flashing hand of the pedestrian lights on Yonge and Queen but not on Yonge and Front. The Halili OCD in me has a preference of which side I like to walk on between intersections (east side from Wellesley to Dundas, West side Dundas to Union) Walking north on the way to work between Gerard and College slows me down because of a slight incline. I can even make the 30 minute walk in 22 mins depending on 3 things... the shoes i'm wearing that day, pedestrian traffic and whether I catch all the green lights. So in light of the tentative agreement for the TTC, I'm quite glad that I don't have to share Yonge St with a million other pedestrians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home