Life up North

April 4, 2008

One year...

It's hard to believe that we remember that one year ago today our dear "Big Lola" passed away. Sometimes when we go to Whiteleaf, I still expect to see Lola sitting on her chair in the living room waiting for us to come for a stay for the weekend. As both of my own Lola's were in the Philippines, she was the closet thing I had to having my own Lola around. I consider myself blessed of the stories, family secrets and gossip that she used to share with me. Of course Hannah always had a very spceial relationship with her as well. I remember Lola always used to tell me that Hannah would always sing and dance for her in her room using her cane as a microphone! And if anyone knew Hannah as a 3 yr old, you were even lucky if she would say hi to you! It makes me sad that Benjo will never know her the way that Hannah did. I think if she were still around she'd get a real kick out of him as he's so much like his dad! She'd love that he's all over the place and he would certainly entertain her just like Hannah used to. So to our "Big Lola," we still love you and miss you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home