Life up North

December 2, 2009

Our special day

Saturday was a special day for our family. Earlier this year, Euge and I decided that when we brought Eva to the church to be baptized, we would also make it official at the same time. And so we did! It was a small intimate wedding with our close family and friends, followed by some quality Taguibao family time in Niagara Falls. And although we didn't have any big celebration after the ceremony, it didn't stop others in celebrating without us! I thought at first that it would not be any different being married except for the added weight on mine and Eugene's left hand. But now as it has been a few days, I have so much gratitude for my family, and even an overprotectiveness for them. I have a sense of wanting to always keep my family safe, so much more now then before, as my family is now "complete" or whole. Fr. Max had described it perfectly during the homily, using the analogy of our family with Jesus turning the water into wine. We are now blessed in our union, not just as a couple but as a family. Thanks to all our family and friends, both near and far, who came to bear witness on our special day. Your love, guidance and support over the years, for us and our children, have made it possible for us to make it to today.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home