Life up North

February 4, 2008

Best of Both Worlds

Yesterday I was finally able to take Hannah to the Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana concert, in 3D! If you haven't heard the story yet, back in September I tried to get Hannah tickets to see the concert as a gift for her birthday/Christmas present. I was online the minute they had gone on sale and had tickets right away. But the selfish mom that I am (or selfless, as I only wanted the best for my girl!) wanted to get better seats. After several attempts to find better seats and 10 minutes later... the concert was sold out! I had entered every contest in the city (I can only call so many radio staions while at work) and just not enough money in my pocket to outbid anyone on ebay, I was more upset than Hannah was that we weren't able to go. Nevertheless, yesterday was bittersweet. As I was singing along with Hannah and the girls to every song, I couldn't help but think that it would have been much better live in concert... Sure ...Hannah Montana was pretty much singing in my lap with the 3D effect but sitting and eating popcorn wasn't as fun had we been able to get up and dance and sing had we been at the concert. After watching the movie yesterday, I realized... I'm just as big a fan as Hannah is! Whether the kids are around or not during my evening workouts, I'd still have the Miley Cyrus cd playing on my playlist! And sometimes, I even secretly hope that the kids will ask their dad to put her cd in when we get in the car! I can only hope and pray that this childhood star won't turn into another Britney or Jamie Lynn Spears... cuz for right now, I appreciate her as a role model my daughter can look up to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home